stop wearing ‘Rising Sun’ symbol at fights

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 awesome
댓글 3건 조회 1,997회 작성일 13-03-25 16:16

본문

stop wearing ‘Rising Sun’ symbol at fights
RSSBy Maggie Hendricks | Cagewriter – 4 hours ago

(Getty)UFC featherweight Chan Sung Jung has a fight with Ricardo Lamas coming up in July. The fight will likely have title implications, and will give "The Korean Zombie" a chance to prove he belongs at the top of the UFC's 145-lb. class. But the upcoming fight didn't keep Jung from speaking up to one of the UFC's biggest stars.

Jung posted a letter on his Facebook page to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre about the Rising Sun symbol GSP wore to his fight with Nick Diaz.

Dear Mr. Georges St. Pierre
Hi, My name is Chan Sung Jung from South Korea. As one of many Koreans who like you as an incredible athlete, I feel like I should tell you that many Korean fans, including myself, were shocked to see you in your gi designed after the Japanese 'Rising Sun Flag'. For Asians, this flag is a symbol of war crimes, much like the German Hakenkreuzflagge. Did you know that? I hope not.

Just like Nazis, the Japanese also committed atrocities under the name of 'Militarism'. You can easily learn what they've done by googling (please do), although it's only the tiny tip of an enormous iceberg.

Furthermore, the Japanese Government never gave a sincere apology, and still to this day, so many victims are dying in pain, heartbroken, without being compensated. But many westerners like to wear clothes designed after the symbol under which so many war crimes and so much tragedy happened, which is ridiculous.

I know most of them are not militarists. I know most of them do not approve unjustified invasion, torture, massacre, etc. They're just ignorant. It's such a shame that many westerners are not aware of this tragic fact. Wearing Rising Sun outfits is as bad as wearing clothes with the Nazi mark on it, if not worse.

The Imperial Japanese Army war flagSince you're influenced by Japanese Martial Arts, your wearing a headband designed after Japanese flag is understandable. But again, that huge 'Rising Sun' on your Gi means something else.

Many people say GSP is the best Welterweight fighter throughout history, to which I totally agree. This means you have a great influence on every single fan of yours all around the world. And I do believe your wearing 'the symbol of War Crime' is a very bad example for them, not to mention for yourself.

So, what do you reckon? Do you want to wear the same Gi next time as well?

The Rising Sun flag was used by the Imperial Japanese Army in World War II, and it was banned by the United Nations in 1945. Jung is not the only person to have an issue with seeing it used by an athlete. During the 2012 Olympics, Japanese gymnasts wore a leotard that was inspired by the Rising Sun, and some South Koreans were not happy about it.

When one-time MMA sponsor Hoelzer Reich used Nazi imagery on the gear UFC and WEC fighters wore into the cage, the promotions banned their items from the cage. Jung has the courage to speak up to a fighter he admittedly admires. GSP and the UFC owe him a response.

Thanks, Bloody Elbow.

댓글목록

profile_image

awesome님의 댓글

awesome 작성일

Right on. Classy letter from a great fighter. He wanted to educate...not condemn. Well done.

profile_image

南部人님의 댓글

南部人 작성일

정찬성 선수... 시합하는 스타일도 화끈하던데, 민족의식도 뚜렸하네요. 마음에 듭니다. 챔피언 벨트 꼭 따기를...

profile_image

그래요님의 댓글

그래요 작성일

화이팅 입니다~

Total 18,455건 498 페이지
자유게시판 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 날짜
11000 Julie0406 196 04-28
10999 lizgrace 272 04-28
10998 callhome 168 04-28
10997 Pray911 212 04-28
한국산 생리대 SISOLE 1+2 세일! 인기글 첨부파일 링크첨부
jieunk517 153 04-28
10995 퓨쳐커뮤니케이션 164 04-28
10994 JCKCPRESCHOOL 364 04-28
10993 Amy77 363 04-28
~~KAMSA Premedical Event~~ 인기글 첨부파일
kamsamcg 204 04-28
10991 JSMY 167 04-28
10990 구멍우산 219 04-28
민화수업합니다 인기글 첨부파일
Mihwa 203 04-28
10988 그냥감사은혜 357 04-28
10987 다니엘장융자 291 04-28
10986 Purplenara 243 04-27

검색

모바일 버전으로 보기 상단으로

GTKSA
회장: 김준우 president@gtksa.net
홈페이지 오류 문의: webmaster@gtksa.net
채용 문의: vicepresident@gtksa.net
광고 문의: treasury@gtksa.net
Copyright © https://gtksa.net All rights reserved.