영어해석-당췌 몬 얘긴지....심는대로 거둔다!

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Hope6000
댓글 8건 조회 3,688회 작성일 13-05-04 17:26

본문

jack.jpg

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW
Good morning said a woman as she walked up to the man sitting on ground.

The man slowly looked up.

This was a woman clearly accustomed to the finer things of life. Her coat was new.. She looked like she had never missed a meal in her life.

His first thought was that she wanted to make fun of him, like so many others had done before.. "Leave me alone," he growled....

To his amazement, the woman continued standing. She was smiling -- her even white teeth displayed in dazzling rows. "Are you hungry?" she asked.

"No," he answered sarcastically. "I've just come from dining with the president. Now go away."

The woman's smile became even broader. Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm. "What are you doing, lady?" the man asked angrily. "I said to leave me alone.

Just then a policeman came up. "Is there any problem, ma'am?" he asked.."No problem here, officer," the woman answered. "I'm just trying to get this man to his feet. Will you help me?"

The officer scratched his head. "That's old Jack. He's been a fixture
around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?"

"See that cafeteria over there?" she asked. "I'm going to get him
something to eat and get him out of the cold for awhile."

"Are you crazy, lady?" the homeless man resisted. "I don't want to go in there!" Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm and lift him up. "Let me go, officer. I didn't do anything." "This is a good deal for you, Jack" the officer answered. "Don't blow it.."

Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and the police officer
got Jack into the cafeteria and sat him at a table in a remote corner. It was the middle of the morning, so most of the breakfast crowd had already left and the lunch bunch had not yet arrived...

The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by his table.
"What's going on here, officer?" he asked. "What is all this, is this man in trouble?"

"This lady brought this man in here to be fed," the policeman answered. "Not in here!" the manager replied angrily. "Having a person like that here is bad for business.."

Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. "See, lady. I told you so. Now if
you'll let me go. I didn't want to come here in the first place."

The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled....... "Sir, are you familiar with Eddy and Associates, the banking firm down the street?" "Of course I am," the manager answered impatiently. "They hold their weekly meetings in one of my banquet rooms."

"And do you make a godly amount of money providing food at these weekly meetings?" "What business is that of yours?"

I, sir, am Penelope Eddy, president and CEO of the company."

"Oh."

The woman smiled again. "I thought that might make a difference." She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a giggle. "Would you like to join us in a cup of coffee and a meal, officer?"

"No thanks, ma'am," the officer replied. "I'm on duty." "Then, perhaps, a cup of coffee to go?" "Yes, maam. That would be very nice."

The cafeteria manager turned on his heel, "I'll get your coffee for
you right away, officer."

The officer watched him walk away. "You certainly put him in his
place," he said. "That was not my intent. Believe it or not, I have a reason for all this."

She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest. She stared at him intently.. "Jack, do you remember me?"

Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes. "I think so -- I mean you do look familiar."

"I'm a little older perhaps," she said. "Maybe I've even filled out
more than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that very door, cold and hungry."

"Ma'am?" the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.

"I was just out of college," the woman began. "I had come to the city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get something to eat."

Jack lit up with a smile. "Now I remember," he said.. "I was behind
the serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for something to eat. I said that it was against company policy."

"I know," the woman continued. "Then you made me the biggest roast beef sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would get into trouble... Then, when I looked over and saw you put the price of my food in the cash register, I knew then that everything would be all right."

"So you started your own business?" Old Jack said. "I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, with the help of God, prospered." She opened her purse and pulled out a business card.. "When you are
finished here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons...He's the
personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm
certain he'll find something for you to do around the office." She
smiled. "I think he might even find the funds to give you a little
advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet... If you ever need anything, my door is always opened to you."

There were tears in the old man's eyes. "How can I ever thank you?" he said. "Don't thank me," the woman answered. "To God goes the glory. Thank Jesus...... He led me to you."

Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the
entrance before going their separate ways....

"Thank you for all your help, officer," she said.

"On the contrary, Ms. Eddy," he answered. "Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something that I will never forget. And.. And thank you for the coffee."

God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work
in your favor. Give him all the Glory and pay it forward (and sometimes backwards!)

댓글목록

profile_image

우리강산님의 댓글

우리강산 작성일

좋은글...... 감사합니다^^

profile_image

Hope6000님의 댓글

Hope6000 작성일

꽤 잘 나가게 생긴 여자가 땅바닥에 앉아 있는 홈리스 남자에게 &quot;굳모닝&quot;<br />&quot;지발...날 좀 혼자 내뿐저 두쇼! 저리 가란 말이요!&quot;<br />여자는 지나가던 경찰의 도움을 받아 홈리스 잭을 식당에 간신히....<br />식당 매니저는 냄새나는 잭을 쫓아내려....<br />여자는 길 저 편에 있는 에디 뱅크를 아느냐고 매니저에게 질문....자신이 그 회사 사장이라고 하자<br />매니저는 서둘러 커피를 가지러 돌아서고....<br />여자는 잭에게 자신을 기억하냐고 묻는다......<br />여자는 자신이 대학을 졸업하고 직장을 구하러 다니다가 다 안되고....<br />돈은 없고 배는 고파 이 식당에 들어왔는데....<br />당신이 내게 아주 큼직한 샌드위치를 주고 돈을 치르는 것 보았다고....<br />명함을 주면서 회사 찾아와서 인사책임자를 만나라고.....<br />ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ<br />대충 내용을 적어 보았는데 맞나 모르것네....

profile_image

사무직님의 댓글

사무직 작성일

뿌린대로 거둔다<br />한 여성이 땅바닥에 앉아있는 남자에게 안녕하세요 하고 걸어 온다.<br />남자는 천천히 올려다 본다.<br />여자는 인생의 고급스러운 것들에 익숙해져 있어 보인다. 여자의 코드도 새것이고... 그녀는 인생에서 한번도 끼니를 걸러 보지 않은 것처럼 보인다. 남자는 다른 사람들이 전에 그랬던 것처럼 이여자도 자기를 놀리려고 하는 것으로 생각했다. &quot;나를 내버려 두시오&quot; 하고 남자는 으러렁 거렸다. 놀랍게도 여자는 계속 서 있었다. 여자는 가지런한 하얀 이가 눈부시게 미소를 짓고 있었다. &quot;배가 고프시죠?&quot;라고 여자는 물었다. &quot;배고프지 않소. 나는 지금 막 대통령하고 저녁을 먹은 참이니, 꺼지시요 &quot; 남자는 냉소적으로 대답했다. <br />여자의 미소는 더 커졌다. 남자는 갑자기  팔 밑으로 상냥한 손길이 느껴졌다. &quot; 뭘 하고 있는거요, 숙녀분?&quot;&quot;나를 내버려 두라고 했지 않소?&quot; 남자는 성난 듯이 물었다. <br />그때에 경찰이 다가왔다. &quot;마담, 무슨 문제가 있으신가요?&quot; &quot;아무 문제도 없어요, 나느 이 남자분이 일어 설 수 있도록 하고 있어요, 나를 좀 도와 주실래요?&quot; 여자가 대답했다.<br />경찰은 머리를 긁적거렸다. '이분은 올드 잭이랍니다.  이 근처에 한 이 년 정도 있었지요, 이분과 뭘 하시길 바라시나요?&quot;<br />&quot;저기 식당이 보이시죠? 이분이 추위를 잠시나마 피하게 그 식당안으로 데려 가려고 합니다&quot; 여자가 대답했다.<br />&quot;당신 미쳤소?&quot; &quot; 나는 거기 들어가기 싫소!&quot; 남자가 저항했다. 그때에 강한 손이 그의 다른 한쪽 팔을 강하게 붙잡고 그를 일으켜 세우는 것을 느꼈다. &quot;나를 가게 해주세요, 경관님. 나는 아무짓도 안 했어요.&quot;  &quot;잭, 당신에게 좋은 일이요, 날려 버리지 말아요..&quot; 경관이 대답했다.

profile_image

사무직님의 댓글

사무직 작성일

약간의 어려움이 있었지만 마침내 여자와 경관은 잭을 식당안으로 데려 갔고 좀 떨어진 구석에 있는 테이블에 그를 앉혔다. 오전이 절반 정도 지난때여서 아침을 먹는 인파들은 벌써 떠났고 점심을 먹으려는 사람등은 아직 오지 않았다. <br />식당의 매니저가 건너와서 잭의 테이블 옆에 섰다. &quot;무슨 일이시죠, 경관님? 이게 다 무슨 일이죠, 이 남자에게 문제가 있나요?&quot; 매니저가 물었다. &quot;여기 계신 숙녀분이 이 남자를 먹일려고 모시고 왔어요&quot; 경관이 대답했다. &quot; 여기서는 안되요!&quot; 이런 사람을 들이면 장사에 안 좋아요..&quot; 매니저가 화가나서 대꾸했다.<br />올드잭이 이빠진 미소를 지었다. &quot; 봤죠, 내가 뭐라 그랬어요. 지금 당신이 나를 놔 주면 가겠소. 처음부터 여기 오고 싶지 않다고 하지 않았소.&quot;<br />여자는 식당매니저에게 미소를 지으며 돌아섰다...&quot;선생님, 길 아랫쪽에 있는 에디 협회라는 은행을 아시죠?&quot; &quot; 매니저가 참을성없이 &quot;당연히 알죠.&quot;라고 대답했다. &quot;그 은행에서 저희 연회장에서 매주 회의를 엽니다.&quot; <br />&quot;그 회의 때에 음식을 제공하는 꽤 돈을 버시죠?&quot; &quot; 그게 당신과 무슨 상관이죠?&quot;<br />네가 그 회사의 사장인 페넬로페 에디 입니다.<br />&quot;오&quot;<br />야지기 다시 미소를 지었다. &quot;그게 좀 차이가 있나 보군요&quot; 여자가 낄낄거리고 웃고 있는 경찰을 바라보았다. &quot;저희랑 같이 커피와 식사라도 하시겠어요, 경관님?&quot;<br />&quot;아뇨, 부인&quot; &quot;제가 근무중이라서요. 아마도 커피 한 잔 쯤은 가져 가도 될까요?&quot;  &quot;예, 부인. 정말 친절 하시군요.&quot; 경찰이 대답했다. <br />식당 매니저가 뒤돌아 섰다. &quot;제가 커피를 바로 가져 오겠습니다. 경관님.&quot;

profile_image

사무직님의 댓글

사무직 작성일

경찰이 식당 매니저가 사라지는 것을 보면서 말했다. &quot;당신이 확실히 그가 있을 곳에 보냈군요.&quot; <br />&quot;믿으실지 모르지만 고의로 그런게 아닙니다. 제가 이렇게 하는 데는 다 이유가 있습니다.&quot;<br />여자는 놀라워하고 있는 그녀의 저녁 식사 손님과 맞은 편에 앉았다. 여자는 일부러 남자를 빤히 바라보았다. &quot;잭, 저를 기억하세요?&quot;<br />올드 잭은 늙고 꽤재재한 눈으로 여자의 얼굴을 살펴 보았다. &quot; 그런것 같아요, 당신은 낯이 읽어 보여요.&quot;

profile_image

사무직님의 댓글

사무직 작성일

&quot;네기 이미 조금 나이 들었을 거예요&quot;&quot;  당신이 여기서 일하고 있을때와  춥고 배고픈 채로 저 문으로 걸어 들어왔을 때보다는 제가 조금은 더 배가 불러 보일 거예요.&quot; &quot; 부인?&quot; 경관이 의아하다는 듯이 말했다. 그는 너무나 멋져 보이는 여자가 한때라도 배고픈 시절이 있었다는 것을 믿을 수가 없었다. <br />&quot;제가 대학교를 곧 바로 졸업했었죠&quot; 여자가 말 하기 시작했다. &quot; 저는 직장을 얻으려고 도시로 왔었답니다. 그러나 어떤 직장도 구할 수가 없었답니다. 마침내 몇 푼 남지 않은 채로 살던 아파트에서도 쫓겨났답니다. 거리에서 며칠째 걸어 다녔어요. 이월달 이였는데 춥고 거의 굶어 죽을 것 같았답니다. 이 식당을 보았고 혹시나 뭔가를 먹을 수 있을 지도 모른다는 바램으로 이 식당으로 들어 왔답니다. 잭이 웃으면서 고개를 들었다. &quot; 이제 기억이 나는 군요. 배식 카운트 뒤에 제가 있었죠. 당신이 뭔가를 먹기 위해서 여기서 일을 할 수 있냐고 저에게 와서 물었었죠. 제가 회사 법규에 어긋 난다고 했었죠.&quot;

profile_image

사무직님의 댓글

사무직 작성일

&quot; 저도 알아요.&quot; 여자가 계속해서 말했다. &quot; 당신은 내가 본 것중에서 가장 큰 훈제 쇠고기 샌드위치를 만들어 주었고, 커피도 줬답니다. 그리고 저쪽 구석에 있는 테이블에 가서 맘껏 먹으라고 했었죠. 저는 당신이 혹시 곤란에 처하지 않을까 걱정이 되었답니다. 그런데 당신이 제 음식값을 캐쉬어에게 주는 것으 보고는 모든게 괜찮을 거라는 걸 알았답니다.&quot;<br />&quot;그래서 당신은 사업을 시작했군요?&quot; 올드 잭이 말했다. &quot; 저는 그날 오후에 일자리를 구했답니다. 열심히 일했죠. 그러다가 결국 제 사업을 시작했고, 신의 도움으로 번챵했답니다.&quot; 여자는 지갑을 열고 비지니스 카드를 꺼냈다, 당신이 여기서 다 먹으면, 라이언씨를 만나러 오셨으면 좋겠군요. 저희 회사의 인사 담당자랍니다. 지금 가서 그에게 말해 두겠어요. 그가 분명히 사무실에서 당신이 할 수 있는 일을 찾을 거예요.&quot; 여자가 미소 지었다. &quot; 내 생각에는 그가 당신이 혼자서 해결 할 수 있을 때까지 옷을 좀 사고 살곳을 마련하실 정도의 선불을 해 줄 수 있을 거예요... 만약 무었이든지 필요한게 있으시다면, 저의 문은 언제나 당신에게 열려 있답니다.&quot; 노인의 눈에 눈물이 고였다. &quot;어떻게 감사하다고 해야 할까요?&quot; 남자가 말했다. <br />&quot; 저에게 고맙다고 하지 마세요&quot; 여자가 대답했다. &quot; 영광은 하나님께 돌리세요. 감사합니다. 예수님.... 예수님이 저를 당신에게로 인도 하셨군요.&quot;<br /><br />식당밖에서 경관과 여자는 각자의 길을 가기 전에 잠시 멈춰 섰다.<br />&quot;경관님, 당신의 모든 도움에 감사드려요.&quot; 여자가 말했다.<br />&quot;부인, 사실은 반대인 걸요.&quot; 경관이 대답했다. &quot; 당신에게 감사드립니다. 오늘 제가 절대로 잊지 못할 기적을 보았답니다. 그리고,,,그리고 커피를 대접해 주셔서 감사합니다.&quot; <br /><br />하나님께서 오늘도 당신을 위해 당신 주변의 일들을 들어서 사용하신답니다. 모든 영광을 하나님께 돌리시고 앞으로 갚으세요(때로는 뒤로도!).......이부분은 좀 다르게 의역을 합니다.......이상입니다...

profile_image

savvy님의 댓글

savvy 작성일

또 배우고 감니다

Total 18,402건 498 페이지
자유게시판 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 날짜
10947 잠간만 346 04-25
10946 마돈나 203 04-25
10945 seungkim 504 04-25
집융자에 관한 모든 것 인기글 첨부파일
Mango18 292 04-25
10943 Aerobic 219 04-25
한국산 생리대 (SISOLE) 1+2 SALE! 인기글 첨부파일 링크첨부
jieunk517 199 04-25
10941 Johnnyo 420 04-25
10940 onewayj 211 04-25
10939 퓨쳐커뮤니케이션 236 04-25
10938 Parkhaus 208 04-25
10937 LEE930 262 04-25
10936 Lucasjoseb 196 04-25
10935 Julie0406 216 04-25
10934 BOPDULUTH1 332 04-25
10933 JSMY 174 04-25

검색

모바일 버전으로 보기 상단으로

GTKSA
회장: 김준우 president@gtksa.net
홈페이지 오류 문의: webmaster@gtksa.net
채용 문의: vicepresident@gtksa.net
광고 문의: treasury@gtksa.net
Copyright © https://gtksa.net All rights reserved.