Hymn - Bill Douglas
00:0000:00

I'M

a  BASSOONIST.

ABOUT
PERFORMANCE

01 ABOUT

Kee Young Yang

I have about 37 years of experience playing the bassoon and 25 years of experience teaching private bassoon lessons. In 1987 I graduated from the Hanyang University, South Korea with my bachelor of Music in Bassoon Performance. 

I am very lucky to be able to share my passion for playing the bassoon with others for a living. It is so awesome to hear how students grow with each lesson and to see them reach their goals - whether it is gaining confidence in their playing, perfecting a solo, making All-State, winning an audition or competition, or just having fun and learning a new skill.

It is important to keep each student's goals, ability, age, and interests in mind when choosing music to keep the lessons engaging and fun.  I have worked with students on many types of music including Classical, Pop, Disney Tunes, and Cultural.  I am a very patient person and in my teaching, I try to keep the atmosphere positive and motivating. Regular practice is highly encouraged for success! 

I have taught in person and at all levels, beginning to advanced. You never know what talent is hidden inside that could be brought out with proper instruction. After I had graduated from college with my music degrees in hand, I remember my first bassoon teacher finally sharing with me that I was the only student he ever had that could not make a sound in their first lesson. So you truly never know until you try! 

02 PERFOMANCE

1985 - 1986

Korea Symphony Orchestra 

Bassoon

1985 - 1992

Seoul Wind Ensemble

Bassoon & Baritone Saxophone

Seoul Wind Ensemble

Canada & USA Tour Concert

1998 - 2009

UNI Philharmonic Orchestra

Music Director

Principal Bassoon

2010 - 2015

Naver Philharmonic Orchestra

Founder & President

Principal Bassoon

2015 - 2016

Alpharetta Symphony Orchestra

Principal Bassoon

2016 - 2019

Gwinnett Symphony Orchestra

Principal Bassoon

2016 - 2022

Atlanta Philharmonic Orchestra

Bassoon

2022 - Current

Toccoa Symphony Orchestra

Atlanta Musicians' Orchestra

Bassoon

ABOUT BASSOON

03 ABOUT BASSOON

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about lessons, performances, or the bassoon and I would be happy to help!  If you are ready to start lessons, please email or call me.

04 CONTACT

Lesson Fee

Home Visit

40 Minutes: $60

60 Minutes: $85

In Studio

40 Minutes: $50

60 Minutes: $75

770-744-7101

Your message has been sent successfully.

CONTACT
bottom of page