Buy new:
-15% $8.50
FREE delivery Tuesday, June 4 on orders shipped by Amazon over $35
Ships from: Amazon.com
Sold by: Amazon.com
$8.50 with 15 percent savings
List Price: $9.95

The List Price is the suggested retail price of a new product as provided by a manufacturer, supplier, or seller. Except for books, Amazon will display a List Price if the product was purchased by customers on Amazon or offered by other retailers at or above the List Price in at least the past 90 days. List prices may not necessarily reflect the product's prevailing market price.
Learn more
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns
FREE delivery Tuesday, June 4 on orders shipped by Amazon over $35
Or fastest delivery Thursday, May 30. Order within 13 hrs 28 mins
In Stock
$$8.50 () Includes selected options. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Details
Price
Subtotal
$$8.50
Subtotal
Initial payment breakdown
Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout.
Ships from
Amazon.com
Ships from
Amazon.com
Sold by
Amazon.com
Sold by
Amazon.com
Returns
Eligible for Return, Refund or Replacement within 30 days of receipt
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Returns
This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Payment
Secure transaction
Your transaction is secure
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more
Payment
Secure transaction
We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. Learn more
$7.65
Get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime FREE Returns
Book is in good condition and may include underlining highlighting and minimal wear. The book can also include "From the library of" labels. May not contain miscellaneous items toys, dvds, etc. . We offer 100% money back guarantee and 24 7 customer service. Free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime! Book is in good condition and may include underlining highlighting and minimal wear. The book can also include "From the library of" labels. May not contain miscellaneous items toys, dvds, etc. . We offer 100% money back guarantee and 24 7 customer service. Free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime! See less
FREE delivery Wednesday, June 5 on orders shipped by Amazon over $35
Only 1 left in stock - order soon.
$$8.50 () Includes selected options. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Details
Price
Subtotal
$$8.50
Subtotal
Initial payment breakdown
Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout.
Access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Kindle app logo image

Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.

Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.

Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.

QR code to download the Kindle App

Follow the author

Something went wrong. Please try your request again later.

Standard of Excellence Book 3 Flute: Comprehensive Band Method Paperback – August 1, 1996

4.8 4.8 out of 5 stars 192 ratings

{"desktop_buybox_group_1":[{"displayPrice":"$8.50","priceAmount":8.50,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"8","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"50","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"vaswuzLs19zqmzRkGtcsBZHWEXse4uqzTV1Np5BLCzWDHqbwuU%2BfiAV0ZUZME4%2BBh0K4V%2BJSDN%2Bwpssx%2Bf0vbz29jurafv%2Fu1TGDvVrX0qhZLSe7UOpnOuSVZPcJ1fUW2Bp9DAHagmE%3D","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"NEW","aapiBuyingOptionIndex":0}, {"displayPrice":"$7.65","priceAmount":7.65,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"7","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"65","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"vaswuzLs19zqmzRkGtcsBZHWEXse4uqzifySYyKzoMaHirBoAnvgtSPDoGdf536oLnFurYBengzHtTnagMV8xm4vh4U3%2BdE4h%2B8048yhh9%2F3iNqpICsUaVKhR%2BTXwczepywoMUr9LW2Z7pcXCha5UdHIU2imD%2BUIL2SuL0CSq31bvUc%2Fo1kwCjJH0gsNG6vf","locale":"en-US","buyingOptionType":"USED","aapiBuyingOptionIndex":1}]}

Purchase options and add-ons

The Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method Books 1 and 2 combine a strong performance-centered approach with music theory, music history, ear training, listening composition, improvisation, and interdisciplinary and multicultural studies. The result is the most complete band method available anywhere.

Full color drawings and color-coding of important text and music motivate and inform.
Three starting systems help ensure positive results in any beginning situation.
FOR ... ONLY exercises (i.e. FOR FLUTES ONLY) offer idiomatic solutions to the unique challenges of each instrument.
Excellerators (advanced supplemental exercises) reinforce and enrich performance basics.
A nine page FOR OBOES ONLY starting system gives beginners a solid foundation for learning in the full band setting.
Expanded French Horn and Percussion books, including a separate book for Timpani & Auxiliary Percussion, address the unique needs of beginners on these instruments.
A comprehensive,totally-correlated Electric Bass book offers expanded opportunities for student involvement.
Music from over 20 countries, with correlated enrichments, encourages multicultural study.
Achievement Lines and GO FOR EXCELLENCE! test lines ensure objective assessment of students' accomplishments.
A built-in reward system motivates students and encourages musical growth.
Expanded 48 page part books (instead of the usual 32 pages) provide added reinforcement of musical skills.
600-plus page full Conductor Scores contain Objectives for every line of music, Director tips, extended reference articles, duplicable worksheets and quizzes, and theory, listening, composing, improvisation, geography, foreign language, history, and other interdisciplinary Activities for Excellence.

Amazon First Reads | Editors' picks at exclusive prices

Frequently bought together

$8.50
Get it as soon as Tuesday, Jun 4
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
+
$8.08
Get it as soon as Tuesday, Jun 4
In Stock
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Total price:
To see our price, add these items to your cart.
Details
Added to Cart
spCSRF_Control
Choose items to buy together.

Product details

• Publisher ‏ : ‎ Neil a Kjos Music Co; 0 edition (August 1, 1996)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Paperback ‏ : ‎ 48 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 0849759757
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-0849759758
  • Item Weight ‏ : ‎ 6.3 ounces
  • Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 8.75 x 0.25 x 12 inches
  • Customer Reviews:
    4.8 4.8 out of 5 stars 192 ratings

About the author

Follow authors to get new release updates, plus improved recommendations.
Bruce Pearson
Brief content visible, double tap to read full content.
Full content visible, double tap to read brief content.

Discover more of the author’s books, see similar authors, read author blogs and more

Customer reviews

4.8 out of 5 stars
4.8 out of 5
192 global ratings

Top reviews from the United States

Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2010
Fast shipping...my daughter was promoted to advanced band mid quarter and I searched all over town trying to find this book...everyone was out of stock...so I started searching online...amazon.com came up in search...I had set up an account before but never purchased anything...when I saw the book we needed and saw that the price and shipping were very reasonable I couldn't pass it up...the only scary thing was the estimated time frame for delivery...cause we needed it in such a hurry...but we ended up getting the book within a few days...later that day a music store had called me and said they got the book in...for double the price I paid on amazon.com...and clear across town (gas $$$)...I politely declined.
Thank you,
Leslie
will shop again
One person found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2022
Ordered for my daughter
Reviewed in the United States on September 17, 2019
it's a book.
2 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on November 16, 2018
Great shape, seems to be holding up well
Reviewed in the United States on April 12, 2014
It's just what I was looking for. It is very comprehensive, and has a nice mix of exercises in it.
One person found this helpful
Reviewed in the United States on November 6, 2012
I purchased this book after the Director of the New Horizons Band, NE Ohio -- of which I am a member -- indicated it was needed.

It was promptly delivered and I am pleased with the purchase.
Reviewed in the United States on December 2, 2018
good as a lesson book for school
Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2016
The book is what I expected it to be. And I received within the expected delivery time.

Top reviews from other countries

Shaquille oneil buyer
5.0 out of 5 stars Brand new
Reviewed in Canada on June 18, 2020
Amazing brand new book