Purchasing Specialist (Korean Bilingual Preferred)
LG Hausys America, Inc. a subsidiary of LG Hausys Ltd in South Korea is looking for a Purchasing Specialist at our Georgia Plant in Adairsville, GA. Listed below is a detailed description of the roles and responsibilities for this position. If you feel that you meet the qualifications and are interested please submit your resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Order placement for raw/sub materials & manage shipping, storage and expected time arrival
• Compare the cost & negotiate price with vendors and other charges
• Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance specification
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bill of lading, international documents and shipping orders to route materials
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes
• Requisition stocks, materials, supplies or equipments & manage inventories and supplies
• Contact point for product certification institutes including NSF, GEI, etc.
• Manage outsourced warehouse (NOTS) including inventory management, schedule deliveries
• Participate in monthly closing activities including physical inventory check, data entry, administrative tasks, analytic reports reflecting manufacturing cost, inventory amount, sales record, etc.
• Effectively communicate both written and verbal language skills in Korean and English. Must be able to negotiate, report and purchase from US and foreign vendors
Qualifications: Listed below are the minimum and/or desired qualifications of the position including education, work experience and knowledge & skills that are required to perform satisfactorily in the position:
Education and Work Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field preferred but not required.
• Experience with ERP/SAP is preferred
• Other relevant experience will be considered. (Chemical / Raw Material Purchasing Background)
Knowledge and Skills:
• Basic computer and MS Office skills
• Basic knowledge of economics and accounting
• Complex problem solving & Critical thinking
• Judgment and decision making
• Management of Financial resources
• Time management
• Intermediate Communication
• Position requires sitting at a desk working on a computer for at least 2/3 of time.
• Position requires minimal lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Position requires regular and reliable attendance.
• Position requires domestic/international travel up to 10% of time.